Friday, March 18, 2016

Day 6: The 27 Waterfalls: A Day of Unity

We woke up excitement in the air, the day that most people have been anticipating. The day we were going to go to the 27 waterfalls. So pumped and so eager to see what all the hype was about and before you know it we were hiking to the falls. OH man how our shoes took an "L" that day, getting soaked in water as we found ourselves in large and small bodies of water. I still remember walking, hearing that annoying squeaking and slushing sound every step we took. Not only that but Ty constantly making remarks on how his water shoes were just fine but my KDs were ruin. But enough about that lets get to the good stuff.

We finally arrived to the first waterfall, such a beautiful sight. Never have I been to a waterfall where the water is so blue. In fact, I haven't been to a waterfall in general that we are able to swim in. We made it pass the first one and continued on to the next. Special shout out to the workers and Nathan who helped us all get through each waterfall. Unfortunately we were not able to do all 27 but the 7 that we did do where amazing. It took way less effort going down the falls than climbing up. We slid off the rocks and even jumped off of the cliffs into the water; it something that I have always wanted to do. Jumping off had to be the most exciting thing because it was either you do it or don't. People put themselves in the position where they stand on the rock and are hesitant of jumping. They find themselves in a state of matter in which their body is telling them to jump but their mind is restraining them. At that point you either jump or do not, if you do jump than you just got to let “Jesus take the wheel” and anticipate the impact of your body hitting the water. This was a moment I would never forget but it wasn't only the waterfalls that made this experience unforgettable but rather the life lessons that I learn from it




Going through the waterfall you can compare it to real life situations. For example climbing up the waterfalls majority of the people slipped once they made it over the edge and the water was pushing them back as well but that didn't stop us. We kept on pushing on as a team, having each other’s back and encouraging one another. Although we only spent a week together, and prior to this day we only spent 5 days together, I knew that we were there for each other no matter what. For example, shout out to Sihrish who was scared at first and didn't want to continue but we supported her and motivated her and ensure that she was safe with us, which provided her with the courage to continue on to the other waterfalls, keep our group united. There wasn't a time where I didn't feel safe going through the falls or the trip in general because I knew that my new friends had my back. And the way you can connect this to real life Is that we will come across some challenges or issues in life that would have you feeling completely down and defeated but with the right support system and friends there is nothing that can stop you from moving forward. We found ourselves at the end when reflecting with an issue that one of us was facing, and it hurt all of us especially those who have experienced that feeling too but like I mentioned before we were there for each other to hold our heads up high and to ensure one another that everything is going to be fine.  I truly do believe that I made some great friendships on this trip and shared memories that would live with me for forever. I just now want to thank everyone for such a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment